Sustainable Pipeline of Innovative Immunotherapies
The success of first-generation immunotherapies has highlighted both the promise of modulating the immune system for therapeutic purposes and the need for a deeper understanding of the immune ecosystem on a personalized level. We are building a diversified and sustainable pipeline of immunomodulatory therapeutic antibodies targeting multiple cell types for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune disease.
Multi-faceted approach for targeting key immunomodulatory cell types and pathways, with programs ranging from early discovery to CMC stages
Ultra-high throughput single-cell proprietary approaches for antibody and predictive biomarker discovery to accelerate clinical development
Fast-paced antibody engineering guided by machine learning technology results in activity-optimized drug designs
Pipeline programs are supported by novel biological insights from world-class collaborators in Immunology and Oncology
Target Discovery of Molecules Leading to New Generation of Precision Immunotherapies
We take a multi-faceted approach to target the immune system, including depletion of key immunosuppressive cell types to enhance anti-tumor immunity, blocking of pleiotropic immune modulators governing multiple pathways to shift the balance of immune system activity, and activation of signaling pathways to expand immune cell subsets.
Our therapeutic targets come from a variety of sources, including:
- Novel and complex targets from scientific publications where our CelliGOTM technology offers the potential to identify differentiated antibodies
- Collaborations with leading immunologists and oncologists around the world to validate potential proprietary novel targets and develop therapeutic antibodies against them
- Data mining from patient samples to identify immunosuppressive cell types and mechanisms driving resistance to current immunotherapies
- Profiling of patient immune repertoires to identify antibodies being produced against novel targets
- State-of-the-art antibody engineering capabilities, including a proprietary panel of Fc variants with enhanced effector functions
Global Translational Clinical Network Enabling a Deeper Understanding of Disease Biology
We apply our unique worldwide translational capabilities to support our internal pipeline from early target identification to the clinic, resulting in better treatment outcomes.
- Synergistic collaborations with top academic institutions and world-class clinicians
- Deep understanding of disease biology and unique single-cell profiling technologies to advance drug discovery and development efforts
- Innovative interface combining biological/clinical science and single-cell technologies
- Ability to dissect disease heterogeneity through single-cell profiling
- Broad access to patient samples worldwide with a variety of indications
Data Intelligence Matching Therapies to Patients
Fueled by data from our single-cell technology, we unleash the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning for better target and biomarker discovery.
- Resolve complex biology by deep phenotypic characterization of different immune cell types paired with functional readouts
- Sophisticated algorithms exploit the rich data structure of single-cell data
- In silico analytical capabilities facilitated by our AbSolution™ software guide fast-paced engineering and results in activity optimized drug designs
- Results in therapeutics that are precisely tailored to benefit patients
Versatile Single-Cell Platform to Transform Drug Discovery and Development
We apply our proprietary single-cell functional antibody screening CelliGO platform and unique immune profiling Drug Intelligent Science (DISTM) capabilities to enable rapid identification of differentiated therapeutic molecules and significantly enhance clinical probability of success
Key advantages of CelliGO
- Ultra-high-throughput antibody selection with millions of B-cells analyzed per campaign
- Deep mining ability of the immune repertoire in a species agonistic manner
- Enable to explore challenging targets such as multi-transmembrane proteins
- Rapid turn-around time from screening to sequences
- Antibody sequencing analysis and selection guided by our integrated bioinformatics platform AbSolution
Scientific Publications and Posters
We continue to validate, strengthen and leverage our single-cell platform with world leaders and pioneers in immunology and cancer research. Our high scientific standards have been validated in numerous peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
The Nature Genetics publication describes a novel high-throughput single-cell ChIP-seq approach to studying heterogeneity of chromatin states within complex biological systems. Our proprietary single-cell CelliGO platform and unique DIS capabilities were used to probe why certain disease cells are resistant to available therapeutics.
Guiding principles of value creation through collaborative innovation in pharmaceutical research HiFiBiO CEO Liang Schweizer and COO Jeff He outline the importance of breaking down common barriers in collaborations, propose four guiding principles for such co-operation and offer a framework to reach value inflection points quicker.
The Nature Biotechnology manuscript details DropMap, “a powerful and elegant technology for the phenotypic analysis of antibody-secreting cells (ASCs) at the single-cell level with unprecedented throughput and resolution.” This droplet microfluidics approach was developed with collaborators from ESPCI and Institut Pasteur.